Saturday, April 9, 2011

Match-o-phobia

I've previously mentioned my obsession with nail polish. Lately however, I have made a move from the plums, reds and pinks to beiges, tans and browns. I am not sure if this is just a phase or a sign that gasp! I'm becoming more mature with my choices. Or at least more conservative.

There is a plus side to the neutrals. When they chip, they don't look as awful as half a red nail that you have peeled off in boredom on the train. And of course, they match with all sorts of outfits. I'm no OCD here (trust me, you should see my room) but I like things to match!

Speaking of matching, I'm talking about clothing. I know colour blocking is all the rage but still nothing is worse than blue and green together (remember the song "blue and green should never be seen without a colour in between") or for that matter, pink and red.

Rock the stripes with patterns, lace with florals and leather with suede but beware of the fashion trends that scream "I'm too cool for school."

No matter how cool you may think it looks, your children will mock you in future years when they see said photos.

Today I am wearing San-Tan-Tonio by O.P.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment